Beet Fried Rice
This spiced plate of YUM is packed with the essentials: Fiber, Vitamin B9, Iron, Potassium + Vitamin C… And you can barely even taste the root veg– it's just THAT good!
- 2 cups Beetroot peeled, steamed + diced
- 2 cups Broccoli florets chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled + chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 1 cup Rice of choice *1 cup uncooked (to start)
- 1 inch Ginger minced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, Coriander, Turmeric powders each
- 3 TBSP Gochujang sauce
- 4-8 TBSP Soy sauce for salt / flavor
- Cook rice as instructed on package (1 cup rice usually needs 1 3/4 – 2 cups water depending on the grain!)Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the Beetroot. The root should start to soften before adding in the onion, ginger and garlic.Keep stirring and reduce the heat if garlic starts to brown/burn.
- Add in your powdered spices and Gochujang sauce. Cook for around 5 minutes as fragrance grows.
- Next add in the chopped carrot, bell pepper and broccoli. Continue to stir as ingredients become tender.
- Finally, mix in your cooked rice and stir well. This is when you add your Soy sauce, a few tablespoons at a time– taste-checking as you go to ensure a nice salt balance and desired flavoring!
- Top with sesame seeds, avocado, or eat as is. ENJOY!