This tofu scramble is my go-to when I am craving something savory, quick and SO tasty for breakfast in the mornings. You can either eat it as a breakfast burrito like me, or traditional scrambled egg style.
Feel free to spice it up and include your favorite “egg” toppings and add-ins because it is really hard to go wrong with this one!
- 1 Block of Extra Firm tofu
- 1/2 Medium pearl onion (diced)
- 1/2 Green pepper (diced)
- 6 White mushrooms (diced)
- 3 Slices of vegan cheese (I recommend Chao!)
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp Adobo
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (Dried, Powdered, or Freshly Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 Soy Chorizo link (chopped) (optional)
- Wrap the tofu block in a cheese cloth and squeeze all of the water out of it. Then place it in your skillet over medium-high heat. Use your spatula to break down block into crumbly pieces. Add seasonings, and stir so evening combined.
- Dice your vegetables and cut up your chorizo if using. Once tofu begins to steam over heat, stir in the veggies and meat.
- When your onions become translucent, add the Chao cheese slices, letting them melt over the scramble mixture’s heat like a cheeseburger on the grill! Turn off the heat and swirl around with your spatula to get the dish to savory perfection.
- ENJOY! Don’t forget some hot sauce, or an avocado on top!
This vegan tofu scramble is SO good. You can barely telly ou aren’t eating eggs!