A deliciously vegan take on savory/sweet/tangy meat(less) perfection! Can be paired with rice pasta, or pop them solo for a yummy snack breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 lb Beyond Meat
- 1.5 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Green Onion stalks (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang Korean chili paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground white pepper
- Vegetable oil (for pan-frying)
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang Korean chili paste
- 1/3 cup Apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Grab a large bowl and combine all meatball ingredients except oil. Use a spoon or for best results your hands to blend the ingredients until everything is evenly distributed.
- Create uniform mini balls with the mix using a large tablespoon. Heat the oil in a skillet oven medium-high heat. It may take two turns to brown the meatballs' exteriors on all sides for about 5-7 minutes before transferring them onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In the meantime, use a small bowl to combine the glaze ingredients using a fork or a small whisk.
- Using a small spoon, add a tiny dollop of glaze to the tops of each meatball on the tray. Set aside the remaining glaze and place the meatballs in the oven and bake for approx. 10 minutes.
- When done, transfer the meatballs to a large tupperware with a lid. Pour the remainder of the glaze over the meatballs while hot, close the lid, and shake them up! When you feel you've got an even coating, add some sesame seeds and serve!