- Blender/Food Processor
- 1.5 cups Raw cashews soaked
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP Nutritional yeast optional
- 1 small clove of Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak your cashews before preparing your ricotta. You have options! You can do a slow soak: placing the cashews in a bowl of cool water for about 2 hours — OR — speed soak: use very hot water to soak your cashews for about 10 minutes.This step is crucial for softening the nuts for blending. It also proves beneficial for digestion, encouraging vitamin absorption. Perk!
- Drain your cashews and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into your blender. (I use a Vitamix and like to slice my garlic clove in half first :)). Process on a medium setting until the mix is grainy yet creamy. Be sure to scrape down the sides periodically to get an even blend. Salt + pepper to taste.
- Move your ricotta mixture into a lidded container and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.If you'd like, you can use your ricotta for a dish immediately after blending. Cooling just makes for a thicker, more realistic ricotta!
- You're ready to stuff your shells, layer your lasagna, or just dig in. Enjoy!