Broccoli in Cashew Garlic Sauce
Nice + easy Garlic-y Goodness on a plate! Stuffed with dark greens + nut protein, this heart healthy vegan dish will become a fast favorite for all ages!
- 3 Heads of broccoli blanched + cut into florets
- 4 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Raw + Unsalted Cashews soaked in hot water for 6 mins.
- 1 TBSP Ginger root minced
- 1 TBSP Sesame seeds / Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 4 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Your choice of sauce! (Gochujang sauce, Teriyaki, Ginger marinade, Plum sauce, etc.)
- 1 TBSP Rice Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Corn Starch
- A Pinch of Sugar
- Chop your broccoli into large florets before blanching them in boiling water for no more than 5 minutes. Immediately drain them, showering the vibrant greens in cold water. Chop into smaller florets + set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir in soy sauce, rice vinegar + your choice of marinade/dressing to taste. Mix in sugar + corn starch until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large/wide frypan or wok, combine sesame oil, garlic, green pepper + broccoli over high heat. Stir for a few minutes, making sure to not burn your garlic!
- Pour your corn starch slurry into the pan, stirring constantly. Add in the cashews + ginger– reduce your heat to medium + cover your pan to let sauce thicken.Starting small, taste your creation. If you want more a saucier, add some splashes of soy sauce– careful as this increases salt levels!
- Top with sesame seeds, add pepper to taste + enjoy!