Hair Growth Butter
- Hand mixer
- Double boiler pitcher / stove-safe bowl
- Storing jar
- 2 cups Shea Butter / Mango Butter
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel leaf should be peeled + rinsed; insides blended + cooled!
- 2 TBSP Moringa powder
- 1 TBSP Fenugreek Seed powder
- 3 grams Essential oil of choice preferably Rosemary, Eucalyptus, or Vitamin E
- 4 grams Natural preservative Aspin Bark, Sodium Benzoate, etc.
- Combine your EVOO, Coconut + essential oils together in a bowl/boiler pitcher + place in a pot of boiling water. Stir until the powder + oils are fully mixed, about 10 minutes.
- Using a cheese cloth + a strainer, strain the liquid of any remaining herb powder.
- Add Shea butter to the mix + reduce flame under pot to ensure a slow, consistant melt of the butter into your oil mixture.
- Once butter has completely melted, pour mix into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer on medium level, stir until the liquid is frothy + bubbly before placing bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes.This cooling time saves you in the long run, as next we will be whipping the mix from an oil all the way to a butter!
- Remove bowl from fridge + add in your Aloe Vera. For the next 20 minutes or so, whip the mixture until it gets thicker, smoother, + llighter in color. Add your natural preservative + mix again until fully combined.
- When the butter is to your desired thickness, stop! Place into a storing jar (something that can be sealed air-tight) + keep in a cool place.Enjoy immediately, after a wash, or when you need some shine + moisture during styling!