Chick’n Macaroni Salad
- 2 packs MorningStar Veggie Chick'n stripes lightly cooked/crisp'd + shredded
- 1 box (16 oz) Macaroni pasta
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo (Hellmann's is preferred!)
- 2 TBSP Honey Mustard
- 2 Pickles diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper diced
- 1/2 White Onion diced
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Paprika, Salt + Pepper to taste
- I always start with preparing the chick'n by cooking it in a lightly greased pan on the stovetop. This allows the stripes to get a little color + enhance the tender flavor, while mimicking the subtle dryness of white meat!Whether you do this prep or just a simple de-thaw, return the chick'n to room temperature, shred it with two forks + set aside.Cook the pasta to desired doneness + set aside as well!
- Combine mayo, honey mustard + vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Add in chick'n + all diced ingredients, stir until evenly coated.
- Add in the macaroni + mix. If needed, add another spoonful of mayo to ensure an even coating. Try it! Then add S+P as needed. (Some extra pickle juice wouldn't hurt, either!)
- Top with a dusting of Paprika, cover + refrigerate until served. ENJOY!