Saucy Swedish Meatballs
- 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms finely minced (food processed optional)
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 can Cannellini Beans drained + rinsed
- 1/2 Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley flakes
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Oregano flakes
- 1 tsp Rosemary flakes
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Salt + Pepper, each
- 1/2 tsp A1 Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 can Full-fat Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 TBSP Vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Parsley flakes
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together well, mashing the beans with a fork until you creates a bit of a paste.*For a mushier ground meat texture, run your minced mushrooms through a blender/food processor before mixing with beans + rest of the ingredients in bowl. Saves time + effort!
- Form the mixture into mini balls using a large spoon or a 1/4 cup measuring tool. Heat an oiled frypan over medium-high heat and place the balls in in small batches, turning so each side begins to brown + crisp.
- Lay out the meatballs on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for about 10 more minutes. Take out + cool.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth to boil. Pour in the rest of the gravy ingredients, taking time with the flour to avoid clumps. Stir constantly to combine + thicken the sauce into a gravy. Add S+P as you go!
- You have options! Pour gravy over meatballs for a saucy coated side dish, or pour the balls into the sauce along with some cooked pasta to create a Swedish Meatball dinner.Either way, garnish with some fresh parsley + ENJOY!